Is there a child proof for your child not to flush the toilet constantly?

My son is 5 and he barely got potty trained like a month ago cause he has a disability so hes a late bloomer, but the problem is that he got into the habbit of wanting to flush the toilet for no reason and wasting water like that, what can I do to stop this, is there a lock or something to prevent him from flushing it? He sits and wants to flush it 3 times in a row even though he didn't even pee.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• my little ones went through the stage they thought it was interesting but it eventually lost its appeal and they stopped. every child is different and find different things that amuse them or fascinate them its part of growing up and learning how things work. as for ppl who say well my child neve did that bc ect....... well who cares you cant control everything or how else are they gonna learn from their mistakes. just be patient and help him understand and he'll learn
    mg25

Answer by mg25 at 4:43 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Have him take you or your SO along when he has to go and supervise him.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:58 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• DOn't let him in the bathroom on his own. No child proofing needed! You know I have NO child proofing in my home and my child has NEVER had any problems! You know why??? Because I WATCH HER!!!!!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 6:09 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Motivate him to do something like get a sticker after hand washing.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 6:19 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I'll trade you.  I have 4 kids and a husband that NEVER flush ever.  Every time I go into the bathroom the toilet is filled with poop and has been sitting like that for hours.  It's gross.  They also pee all over the seat and refuse to clean it up (my husband and son won't lift the seat to pee, the girls dribble).  Blah.  I've banned the kids from using the bathroom in my room because I don't want to go in there and see stuff in the toilet and have to clean up after them.  That's my bathroom.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:39 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Just go in the bathroom with until he under stand that he don't need to keep flushing
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 1:59 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Just thought of something.  You could disconnect the chain inside the tank from the handle so to flush it you have to open the tank and pull the chain (it's all clean water in there).  You'd still have to go in and flush it yourself but you wouldn't have to follow him around making sure he wasn't playing in the bathroom.  I personally don't like following my kids all over the place or being in the room when someone is using the bathroom.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:12 PM on Oct. 25, 2010