Can the law???

Can the law force a child to go with a non-custodial parent if they absolutely do no want to go??? Or put the custodail parent in jail for takeing up for the child????

Cynt1020

Asked by Cynt1020 at 5:55 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It depends on the state. In PA the custodial parent will lose custody of the child and they will be placed with children and youth if the other parent is somehow unsuitable.

This is exactly how my brothers and one sister were removed from my mother's custody at first.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:56 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I heard they can. But not really shure.

Answer by louise2 at 5:56 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• YES

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:00 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I've heard yes and no, I went through the same thing and had to put my child in the car with her bio dad kicking and screaming. He threatened to call the police, it was awful. I've heard the police wont make the child go but you will be held in contempt of court which is pretty bad so I don't know. Thats a bad situation and I feel for the kids that have to go through this. What would be nice is if the father would do whatever it takes to make it better for the children. In my case he got tired of all the fighting and went away thank god!
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 6:02 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Here in Utah a child has no say on who they live with until they are 12. My parents went through a battle and I didnt want to go with my mother but I was barley 11. Once I hit 12 I went to my dads.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:03 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• idk google it
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:57 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• . I think that kids pick up on a lot of things that we think they don't hear, or don't notice. My dad walked out when I was three, and I vowed that I would NEVER make my kids go without seeing their dad, or knowing him. And I promised myself that I would always be fair, and honestly try to encourage them to stay involved. I can go to sleep at night knowing that each of my kids has a relationship with their dads. Right now, I have my daughter's father living in my house, sleeping in a separate room, because we haven't been "together" since she was born. I personally can't stand the guy, but he loves his daughter, and work's 40 hours a week for her to have EVERYTHING her little heart desires. Don't get me wrong, she is not a spoiled brat, but for the first 14 years of her life she had no contact with him, no gifts from him, and never got to see him. After I begged him to move up here, they finally got to know each other

MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 8:52 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I would say that it would be a case by case situation.
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 9:38 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Now days, the law can do anything
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:31 PM on Oct. 24, 2010