how can i get my 4 month old to fall asleep without me rocking him!!

if you rock him you risk waking him up when you put him down..he also likes to wake up at night to play!!

macklyn

Asked by macklyn at 7:01 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I am no good with this question I rocked my son everynight I enjoyed it, he is now 15 months and hasn't let me rock him to sleep since he was 11 months old. I uderstand where your coming from but honestly enjoy it because it won't last to long and then you will miss it. As for waking up at night have you tried moving your schedule around to where he takes naps earlier or later and then goes down earlier or later, not sure if it would work just trying to help - good luck
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 7:06 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Start trying to put him down when he's almost, but not fully, asleep. It will take awhile, because he's not used to it, but it gets harder the longer you wait.
    Also, make sure you aren't holding him all day, but that he gets plently of time to learn how to entertain himself during the daytime, too. It will make nightimes a lot easier.
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 7:07 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• my daugher is 12 months and i still have to rock her, not that i dont mind.but i would like for her to start falling asleep on her own..
    babyk21

Answer by babyk21 at 10:33 PM on Oct. 29, 2008