Any ladies out there that never really had a relationship with their father but wish they did?

My bio father lives 10 min. from my home and I never see him, never really got to know him. He had another family and never cared to know me and my older sister. I just think it's sad, I never let anyone know it bothers me but sometimes it really does, I don't understand how he could go on with his life never knowing us? Has anyone else gone through this?

anichols1

Asked by anichols1 at 6:37 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• I didn't have a daily relationship with my dad because he was a truck driver but, he came home when he was off and I liked spending time with him. When my mom decided she wanted to leave him, she did it in a horrible way and caused me and my sisters to turn our backs on our dad. She moved us to another state and we could not see our dad until they were divorced. *Thats why I think that women who take off from their child's father to another state are horrible people.* They ended up getting back together 4 years later so, all that pain me and my sisters endured was for nothing except for my mother's selfishness. I went 4 years without seeing my dad but, now we have a good relationship and he enjoys seeing his grandkids and comes home often as he is still an OTR truck driver.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 6:45 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• My parents divorced when I was a few months old...mom hated him and never kept that a secret, she unfortunately sabotaged our relationship and I hated him for years despite his efforts to be my dad. Finally now that I am an adult, we are like best friends. My mom is not happy about it but I forgive her and love her unconditionally and she is a wonderful mother.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 6:53 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• we are form broken family..i get to know my father when i was 14 years old...sad story also...
    neng999

Answer by neng999 at 7:00 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I have never met my biological father personally but have seen pictures of him and talked to him over the phone in the past. I honestly thought that after 20 years he would have changed and tried to have a relationship with me amd my sisters but instead its the same old same old. Maybe its a good thing that were not close and i should probly keep it like that . He has always been into drugs and last i heard he was on the run for killing a police officer. I no longer want to have anything to do with him but it does hurt sometimes.
    iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 7:12 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I did my parents were divorced when I was a year old. My father remarried a woman that had children from a previous marriage he always cared more for them then for his four daughters which he had with my mom. I did love my father may he rest in peace but he was always in and out of my life. There is a lot of hurt there and I never really did get the closeness of a father daughter relationship.
    I do miss him though!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 7:14 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I have a similar situation with my father. He only lives about 3 minutes from us. We were never close. My parents were teenagers when they had me. His family wanted my Mother to abort me. I never met him until I was 12 and that was only because I went looking for him. He will drive right by my house and not even look. But if my husband is in the yard he will beep and wave. He has nothing to do with my daughters. I often wonder how he could stay away from them. I always say if he wanted to redeem himself in my eyes it would be through having a good relationship with my children. We are his only hope for family. He has 1 other child with severe health problems and she will never reproduce. It's sad. I would love to have him in my life. I would love for him to come over on Sundays for dinner. I would love to send a card to him on father's day. I have always wanted to be a Daddy's Girl.
    Momto2beauties

Answer by Momto2beauties at 8:56 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I NEVER KNEW MY FATHER. NEVER SAW A PICTURE OF HIM ....NOTHING! THEN ONE DAY OUT OF THE BLUE MY PHONE RINGS AND ITS HIM. TOLD ME HAD TWO STROKES AND WAS DYING. I TOLD HIM TO CONTINUE DYING! DON'T GET ME WRONG, I UNDERSTAND SOMETIMES THINGS JUST DON'T WORK OUT BETWEEN TWO PEOPLE. BUT, WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING. THE CHILD DIDN'T ASK TO BE HERE. SO WHEN YOU WALK AWAY FROM YOUR KIDS, DAD HURTS THE CHILD MORE THAN THE MOM. MY GRANDFATHER RAISED ME. GOD REST HIS SOUL! THANK GOD HE DID BECAUSE I PROBABLY WOULDN'T BE HALF THE PERSON I AM TODAY. GOD BLESS YOU!
    roxannschild

Answer by roxannschild at 10:14 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I still have a clear memory of the last time I saw my Daddy, I was three years old. To say I missed him, missed having a relationship with him, is big understatement! I ached for my father, throughout my childhood, through my teen years, way into my adulthood. I thought about him every day, and wondered what he was doing, why he never called. Then after I turned 30, I came to find out that my mother had deliberately kept any communication from him or his family from us, clear into our married years. I have never forgiven her for that, to me that was the biggest betrayal of all.
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 2:22 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Me and my dad have never really been close, He would always cheat, beat on my mother. I have 3 other sisters and he has nothing to do with us he is in his own little world. I live 10min away from him and he still wont come see me . I have not talked to my dad in over 8 months. he has never really been there for me at all. he walked out and left my mom when my younger sister was not even a yr old.
    ashes331

Answer by ashes331 at 8:40 PM on Oct. 28, 2010