what would you do?

If you are sick (temp., feel like you are going to pass out, throwing up) your 2 1/2 hasn't had a nap and needs one and your DH won't be home for 4 hours?

We went to church today and I wasn't feeling good but still went, went to my dads for lunch and was going to stay there untill DH got done helping my dad with the shed but DD needed a nap and so did I, so I took her home, she fell asleep in the car and woke up when we got home (10 minute car ride) so I took her potty and put her in her room with tinkerbell on and her gate up and door open while I laid down in my room (didn't fall asleep, just laid there with the cat and dog). movie finished and she is wide awake, not fussing, playing with her toys, I asked if she wanted out and she said "no mama, i'm playing." So I left her in there until she wants out.

Kimora_neko

Asked by Kimora_neko at 6:46 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe try laying down together. We all get a nice long nap when we do family nap.
    I hope you feel better, mama! Being sick when you're alone with the kid sucks!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:48 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Nothing wrong with that
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 6:48 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• If I went in her room to lay down its play time and in my room its lets jump off the head board onto mommys head (she did that a few weeks ago. The head board isn't too high off the bed but it really hurt, I didn't think she would do it) so no more on mommy's bed
    Kimora_neko

Comment by Kimora_neko (original poster) at 6:51 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Try put in one of kids movies and cuddle up on couch maybe youll get lucky and both fall asleep
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 6:54 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I have fell asleep with my face in the carpet while sick a few times too. The good thing about no nap is that they go to bed early. If your routine gets messed up a little, don't worry bout it. Feel better, k.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 6:56 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• she kicked me out of her room! I went in there and she pushed me to the door, "no, mommy, get out!" silly girl
    Kimora_neko

Comment by Kimora_neko (original poster) at 7:06 PM on Oct. 24, 2010