Is it false labor?

Im 35 weeks pregnant and started to feel a fairly intense pain Ive never felt before. Like a muscle spasm in my abdomen. I went to the bathroom and there was no bloody show at all and the pain started to favor my left side of my abdomen. The pain went on for about 15 minutes and than reappeared after 5 minutes or so. Now Im laying down and drinking tons of water and it seemed to calm down. I still feel a lil sore though on my left side.

SunshineSandie

Asked by SunshineSandie at 6:57 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• mine were there but werent like way intense and i was still in labor. they dont have to come on hard and quick and very painful to "be in labor"...u know ur body. just get a notebook and write down how long they last and what time they came. thats what they told me to do. and i ended up in labor and delivery a few hours later
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 7:02 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I would break a sweat from a labor pain and then I knew it was time to go. You will know. You will know.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 6:59 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• thats how i felt when i was 37 weeks. Ended up being in labor. mine started at around 3 am and i went all day long and didnt go to the dr till that afternoon. good thing i went cuz i was in labor. i knew something was funny. the odd thing was this wasnt my first child. he was my 3rd. so u just never know. just make a check up with the doctor tmrw. or call him tonight if u need to.
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 7:00 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• If your a first time mom then I wouldnt take any chances and if it happens again then I would see that doc. I still knew when I was contracting with my 1st but the second time round was very easy for me to tell. GL and congrats!!
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 7:01 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• i had the same thing happen to me and im just as far as you and they told me mine was a UTI and thats my bladder having spasems(sp) but i would say go into your doc in morning and ask him just to be sure!! GL
    Mommmy_To_3

Answer by Mommmy_To_3 at 7:01 PM on Oct. 24, 2010