Do you pack your kids lunch?

I pack for my youngest 2 everyday but not highscholer

raisingmen

Asked by raisingmen at 7:07 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I have middle schoolers that I pack for starting this school year.
    We used to qualify for free lunch but this year we didn't so we're trying to figure it out as we go along. And truthfully we do pay for a few lunches per week because it is easier. However, I am making them start to plan what meals they want to eat at school and giving them a budget for the month starting in November.
    Also, I do give them money for breakfast on Monday because it has so much food I can't beat the price.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 7:17 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Yep, every day. My granddaughter can't eat school lunch. She has to many allergies and it is too hard to monitor. My grandson WON"T eat school lunch.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:23 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• My 2 oldest children like the hot lunches offered at school, so they eat hot lunch. The only time I pack a lunch for them is if they have a field trip and need a sack lunch. My youngest is in 4K am-- so he does not have lunch at school, he eats lunch when he gets home.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 7:25 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Every day.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 7:42 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• No - if my kids want a packed lunch, they started packing their own in 3rd grade. I will occasionally help, but they are perfectly capable of doing it, and that way they get exactly what they want.

Answer by missanc at 7:44 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• When my kids went to school they got free breakfasts and free lunch. Breakfast made my son late for his first class. lol
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 1:53 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Yes...my daughter is in kindergarten and she loves for me and her dad to pack her lunch!
    mom2coco_noah

Answer by mom2coco_noah at 4:00 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• sometimes if they want a packed lunch, otherwise they eat from school
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 9:49 AM on Oct. 26, 2010