When do you start decorating for christmas

I don' t like to do it to early so not until dec1 but mil does it thanksgiving day

raisingmen

Asked by raisingmen at 7:09 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Holidays

• The Saturday after thanksgiving. My tree and decos also go down the day after Christmas. Never, ever leave them up until New Years. My Mom used to do that and sometimes it was the end of Jan before the tree would get put up..and usually only because I initiated it.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:12 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• After we return home from Thanksgiving holidays and they stay up until January 6th - 12th night.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:12 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I wait for Dec too!

Answer by older at 7:12 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Two years ago, I had everything up the week before Halloween! I love decorating! I'll probably wait for about two weeks! I'm sorry, I have no will power and Christmas decorating is my weakness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:13 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Our tree goes up on Thanksgiving and the rest of the decorations go up the day after. Love Christmas!!
    mama2005

Answer by mama2005 at 7:16 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I also do my on Thanksgiving day it has always been a family tradition to put everything up on that day then take it done Christmas night or the day after.
    donamunns

Answer by donamunns at 7:16 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Since the day we were married (oct '93) hubs has asked that I put everything up the day after thanksgiving... I thought it was too early but I gave in.

He wanted me to keep it up until valentines day but he gave in to me on that nutty idea and we take it all down Jan 1.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 7:19 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• We are going to have to do it a little bit before Thanksgiving if I want my husband to be involved.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:40 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Usualy the lights go on the house the first week in december, the tree about a week later, since we go to the tree farm and cut a fresh one. The inside decorations besides the tree go up around the same time.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 7:46 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Black Friday all of the fall stuff comes down and the next day Christmas starts to go up. We don't put up the tree until December 1st, though.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:06 PM on Oct. 24, 2010