would you confront these parents or just let it go?

so, we do football with our boys, my hubby coaches the 5-7 yo. we won everygame, except the last one. until now all parents have been happy, but now we have a parent who is upset that her son did not get play as much as she thought he should. he played all the first half, is 5 yo, a first year player, and cried the whole game. i sent her an eamil asking if all was ok, that we had heard she was upset, and all she wants to know is who said that. do i let it go, or pursue weather or not she is upset.

and then there is our team mom. designat3ed all work to everybody else, but reaped the rewards. IE getting into the games for free. we had a team BBQ today, she said something came up, but she told another parent that she is "just not going and is done" do i confront her on this or blow her off being that i don't have to deall with her anymore. do i have a right to know if she is pissed off for some reason?

itzmyzoo

Asked by itzmyzoo at 7:26 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• I would not have sent the email. You blew it & she knows that people were talking about her which would piss anyone off. All your email did was start drama. I would let it go & just let her son play more the next game. If he cries all the time, ask the parent if there is anything you can do that might help him not get so upset.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:30 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Just let it all go, why bring it up.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:30 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Let it go with the team mom...at least you know who to NOT have as the team mom next season.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:31 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Let it go.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:31 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• ok, not really the responses i thought i would get, but that is why i posted!! i guess i just feel that if someone is upset with me or my hubby, don't we have the right to know what is to either explain or fix? as for the kid paying more, there are always kids that don't get to play as much as others. they do have a minimun play rule, which means he HAS to play so many pllays. he got that and them some. as for the crying, i know why he cries. he is 5, and does not like to be tackled/blocked or hit by the opposing team.
    itzmyzoo

Comment by itzmyzoo (original poster) at 7:36 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• You have just stated alllll the reason my children or grandchildren do not play team sports . The PARENTS are the problem..not the kids.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:39 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I wouldn't have sent the email to tell her people were talking about her being upset, and I see no reason to confront anyone. I'd chalk it up to lesson learned. Do you have the "right" to know? no. You may or may not have the opportunity to know. Why do you feel the need to explain and what is there to "fix"? Let it go.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 7:41 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• As coach and wife, you have to be above it. You are bringing on the drama and letting them know that it has an effect. Let it g.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:49 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• i suppose i can see your points. but as a leader of any kind of activity, isn't part of your job to make sure everybody is happy? maybe i have more of a problem with people who b*tch about stuff but won't own up to it, than the stuff itself!! LOL!!

@ greeneyedgrandma i hear that alot!! my oldest is finishing up his 6th year!! we have not run into to many problems, but we make a huge effort to stay involved by coaching, vonunteering, ect. and i have no problem going to a coach and talking to them. you just have to do it in a grown up, non accusitory way. sports can be a great thing for kids, if done right!! :)
    itzmyzoo

Comment by itzmyzoo (original poster) at 8:04 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Its her issue not yours. I wouldn't say anything else about it unless she brings it up. Part of being a leader (coach) is that everyone doesn't like everything you do and thinks they can do it better. Which in truth is only an illusion. She'll get over it.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 8:06 PM on Oct. 24, 2010