Does anybody else have a hard time getting their toddler to eat?

AngiDas

Asked by AngiDas at 7:29 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• nope my 2yr old eats EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING...she is not shy or picky when it comes to food...lol
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 7:31 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I had a hard time getting them to eat some things. Attempting to get them to eat a variety of things would be a better answer. I usually would tell them that they had to eat this before they could have that. That being something they really wanted. But I never made the portion of this to be extremely big. If I could get them to eat a little bit of something in a healthy variety, I figured I was doing good.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 7:37 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Yes, usually he's quite picky. Certain textures seem to bother him, and sometimes it takes him a while to warm up to a new food. Sometimes he hardly eats at all, and he's really picky about what he eats. But then he surprises me (like yesterday) by not only eating all of his lunch but going around the table checking out what everyone else had and asking for bites. LOL
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 7:39 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• when she was a toddler she ate so well and ate everything. Now as a preschooler. She is picky and hardly eats at all.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:39 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• No my two yr old. loves to eat. He may not want to eat when we eat, but we make him sit there with us.
    colepip2

Answer by colepip2 at 8:00 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• My 2 year old REFUSES to eat most of the time. I can't get him to eat whole tiny meals and I'm trying to stop him from snacking all day but I worry hes not eating enough. When he was a baby he all the time. I have no idea what happened.
    prettypaper

Answer by prettypaper at 10:18 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• my 22 month old has always been a HORRID eater, she is sooo fussy will eat like 3-4 bites of food and then that is it...
    alcnic27

Answer by alcnic27 at 8:57 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• my little one used to eat everything but since he turned 2, he's been very picky. I've tried making snack and meal times fun like making a sandwich in the shape of mickey mouse or using shapes and color games and even songs ....he loved the interaction and would willingly eat things.
    JulesMommy1008

Answer by JulesMommy1008 at 11:15 PM on Oct. 26, 2010