Is this normal adult content

My two year old son has a thing for Dora i have caught him a couple of times playing with his self while watching the cartoon i dont know where he's getting this from me and my husband dont do anything around him and he is not around other kids so i dont know what the heck is going on any suggestions

nicjon

Asked by nicjon at 7:40 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have three boys and each of them would play with themselves. It is not a sexual thing at all, your son is learning about his body and it feels good to play with it. If it continues for a long time, or he begins doing it in public, tell him that he needs to go to his room to do that because no one wants to see him do that. Tell him that it is okay if he does it, just not where others can see it.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 7:54 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Are you kidding me? I am sure that him playing with himself is not related to any type if infatuation that he might have with Dora. Kids that age like to explore and check things out but I highly doubt that the two are related.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:43 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Even if he calls her name out in his sleep?
    nicjon

Comment by nicjon (original poster) at 7:51 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• just so long as he doesnt do it in public and you explain to him, gl
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 7:58 PM on Oct. 24, 2010