son who bit the babysitter's child

My son is 2 1/2 and bit the babysitter's 2 yr old on the cheek the other day. It broke skin and the babysitter was pretty upset about it (which I get). This is the 2nd time in the past yr that he bit her. I called to apologize for him doing that (I didn't pick my kids up that day) I explained I spoke to him about that not being nice, he told me later, 'me sad, me hurt Reagan.' He does understand he was wrong & I did find out he apologized to her after it happened. The babysitter said her daughter was fine, but if my son bit her again, she would not watch him anymore. I totally understand her concern for her daughter's well being, I would be the same way. My son is a typical toddler, fast and quick and you don't know what happens sometimes until it happened. How do you punish a toddler for something he really doesn't mean, bc he is expressing himself being 2 1/2 and can't always speak what he wants?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:44 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Now days people will think this is terrible... When my kids bit, I bit them back. It only took once. I learned this from my parents. My mom did the same thing with myself and my brothers and so did other family members with their kids.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 7:48 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• i was just going to say bite him back. i agree with marchar2002.
    xanayda

Answer by xanayda at 8:51 PM on Oct. 24, 2010