Undercooked Chicken... Pregnant?

I'm 28 weeks pregnant and I got take out from a japanese resturant, and I grabbed a bite to see if the chicken was cold and it was extra chewy so I spit it out and there was a little pink in the middle, I examined all the other pieces they were cooked but that one wasn't. The rest was even a little dry. As long as I didn't digest the food, I can't really get sick from it can I?
Does all undercooked meats contain listeria or what's the deal with that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• since you didnt eat it you should be fine but you do have to be really careful about the eating even just a little raw meats
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 7:16 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• you didn't eat it, so I am pretty positive that your fine, I am the same way I examine my food thoroughly before I eat it esp chicken lol. I rather be safe than hanging my head in a toilet all night long. Steak i know is ok if it is pink inside although I prefer mine cooked all the way, but never go that route with chicken
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 7:21 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• They say "some" lunchmeat has that in too, that's why we aren't supposed to eat it... but I think undercooked Chicken can have samonella.... BUT you spit it out so I wouldnt worry. I would call the place though and explain what happened... they might give you your money back
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:23 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• You shouldn't eat undercooked chicken anyway. I would think you are fine though. I was never told about listeria and I had sandwiches through out my first pregnancy and I was fine.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 7:42 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• use some mouth wash after next time that happens, lol
    Anonymous