Do you get tired of hearing about people living off the system?

What can you do to put a stop to it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Stop listening?
    Because I'm not really tired of hearing about it, I'm tired of having it happen.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 8:00 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I get tired of seeing people living off the system! I think there should be a time limit of how long someone can recieve PA and drug testing should be done to recieve benefits.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 7:58 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I think it is hard to get off of, if you have no skills, no education and no job prospects. I think it gets easier to get help. I think the system needs to be fixed where there are requirements, drug testing, education, job assistance.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 8:01 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I just get tired of the conversation because people think they know enough about another persons life that they can judge them....and the assumptions people make lack compassion and make me sad....I grew up poor, I have been on welfare, and got treated like crap. It didn't matter that we needed it, that my dad fought in 2 wars, that he was disabled, all people saw was that we lived in a house that my parents paid for, and felt that we should give up our home and live on the streets because we needed help with food....unless you have been there you cannot understand how degrading it feels to have to ask for help in the first place and then to get treated like crap by people who think they know so much about your life....so something? do what? Throw us out on the streets? Would that have made you feel better?
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 8:02 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Easy Anna... I don't think that it was directed at you.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:12 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• so tired of hearing about the shit and of course you're going to still see it ( people on PA)so give it a rest , everyone needs help
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 8:15 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Yes of course I do. I think that anyone that works hard their whole life, without needing assistance, at some point my feel a little bitter. But, again, at any time, we could all use some help. It's the matter of milking the system as opposed to really needing help.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:24 PM on Oct. 24, 2010