Pregnancy question.. TMI adult content

I had been constipated for a few days and yesterday I had a bowel movement.. It hurt a lot and i believe it tore me a little.. I bled just a little when i wiped.. tonight i went to the bathroom and noticed a little blood on my underwear.. wasn't from vaginal bleeding. I wasn't sure if that was normal the day after having a bm and being pregnant. I am sorry if this is TMI.

miranda_nichols

Asked by miranda_nichols at 7:59 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Near the anus you have blood vessels near the surface and you can cause fissures, tiny tears when going to the bathroom. It is really nothing to worry about.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:02 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I would not think this is normal. You could have hemmroids. If you really think is is just because of constipation, be sure to drink plenty of water and eat plenty of fruit. That will help to soften your bms.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 8:02 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Tearing a little when you have a wicked bowel movement, it happens to me A LOT, when I am pregnant or not. I am used to it by now. It is nothing to worry about.
    Mama2BabyTaurus

Answer by Mama2BabyTaurus at 8:12 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Up your fiber intake and liquids. Drink prune juice if you can stomach it. I went through the same thing my last 2 pregnancies, constipation and pushing out too hard/big stools and bleeding. =( Fiber one cereal is nice, so is activia yogurt. Hope you don't have to deal with it for your entire pregnancy, it sucks!!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 8:18 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• yes that is normal
    ahsweetness

Answer by ahsweetness at 8:19 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• yes its normal it happend/happens to me alot when i was preggers and now post partum just make sure u clean ur butt well like with a diaper wipe so u dont get an infection:) and we are all girls here so not TMI dont worry about it ask me anything i'll tell u straight up:)

add me if you'd like no need to be shy around me
    mama2jaybub

Answer by mama2jaybub at 8:56 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I would call your doctor tomorrow and ask them to be on the safe side.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 8:56 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• When you go to the Dr. next time ask for a stool softener.
    Candie2008

Answer by Candie2008 at 10:13 PM on Oct. 24, 2010