how can i wash the dogs bed??

their bed does not have a cover that comes off and i dont know if i can throw it in the washer or hand wash it.. one of my boys pee all over their bed n thats all i can smell its out side right now.its a bed for small dogs it just smells so bad.

liljess09

Asked by liljess09 at 8:07 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Pets

• Yikes. I tried that one time. Because I took away the dog's scent, it confused him and he went potty in the house. I'd probably just throw it out and buy one that you can remove the cover.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:10 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• You can try washing it in the wash tub with some soap. I have thrown the whole thing in the washer on delicate and it has come out okay.
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 8:10 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Hmmm...
    Okay. This is what I'd do. Throw out the pee bed and get an old afghan or big blanket from a thrift store on half-price day. Use this as the dog's bed. When they pee on it just throw it in the washer with a little bleach. Bleach will neutralize the acidic urine.
    IndigoRose

Answer by IndigoRose at 8:17 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• and i know if it falls apart i can buy a new one just money is kind of tight now that were trying to buy alot of the baby stuff im 5 months and if i could save money by washing it some how it would be easer
    liljess09

Comment by liljess09 (original poster) at 8:19 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I wash my dog beds... if there is just stuffing in it it will just get a bit fluffier and balled up alittle but ur pets wont care. make sure to use extra long wash and warm water. then i do throw it in the dryer.. mine havnt fallen apart. good luck!
    jessikay63

Answer by jessikay63 at 8:05 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• i put mine in the washer ..
    san78

Answer by san78 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 28, 2010