Do you keep candy in your home for your kids?

I have always kept a candy jar or just some candy in the house. My kids were not allowed to just binge on the candy but I felt it was good for them to have some from time to time.

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 8:13 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• Sure, we keep a candy dish that ususally has some little bite sized candies to get your sweet fix.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:54 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• No, candy is an occasional treat. We don't keep it on hand. In fact, part of the excitement of getting candy is the trip to the store to pick it out!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 8:15 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• occassionally
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:19 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I do keep it in my home. It is not something he can ask for, he gets it when he deserves it.
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 8:17 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I don't keep it in the home, but they can have it in goody bags or when we are out and it is offered. I never really buy it, but they manage to get their share.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:19 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I keep it in the house to give to the kids for me. If I am in a crunch, and need chores or homework done extra fast that day, I will challenge them to a race and use candy for prizes. The winner gets two pieces, and everyone else gets one.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 8:23 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I have some Pez and marshmallows in the pantry, but they rarely get touched. The marshmallows are leftovers from last Halloween, and this past Easter. The Pez are from last Christmas, when my daughter got a Pez dispenser. She'd usually prefer some fresh fruit, especially strawberries or canned mandarin oranges.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:24 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Not really "candy" but there is always sweets, usually fruit gummys or something similar. I don't like hard candy, and neither to the kids...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:13 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• No, we only had candy as a result of going Trick or Treat and at Christmas but not really much even then. So much of the candy was icky and we threw out a lot of it. CAndy is not healthy.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:44 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Candy has never been in our home regularly. We also did not allow our kids to buy candy with their allowance. They did get candy on occasion as a treat or reward, but I only bought enough for that moment.

One reason we did this is all the candy and junk food available at school from teachers and fellow students. Grand parents are another place to get candy. We just figured there were enough people out there that gave our kids (and now our grand kids) dental and weight problems, we dont need to add to it.
    grammamamma

Answer by grammamamma at 11:27 PM on Oct. 24, 2010