Do you think something is wrong with my kid?

my dd will be 3 in november. She normally is very smart, but lately its like she is forgetting things. for example, she used to be able to count to 20 or more without missing a number . but now she is skipping numbers, counting really fast. its like forgetting everything we have worked on. this is the only area she is having difficulty with. she knows letters colours shapes animals can speak very well she is overall pretty smart but this is weird to me since not to long back she could count without any problems. is this normal? what could be causing this? is there any way I can help her? help please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• Just keep an eye on it. She might just not like counting right now. If she starts losing language, then you need to speak to someone. My DS went back and forth with his counting. He just wasn't interested for a while. He got over it.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 8:21 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Kids often lose a skill when they gain another, but this loss is only temporary. DS can be the same way. He used to easily count to 10, and now it's more of a challenge, but his vocabulary has expanded like crazy. He's lost and re-gained many skills, and it's just normal. Give her some time, and just keep working on it.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:26 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I don't think there is anything wrong with your little one. Sounds just like my 5 year old she would pick something up and then forget it. Sometimes she did just forget it and sometimes she was trying to be funny but either way it was annoying.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:26 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• her reading and language is above normal. but it seems like she just can not focus or remember lately. any tips to help her?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:27 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I am not sure if I find it irritating or frustrating or concerning. possibly all three.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:28 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• she is prob. trying to master something else...I wouldn't worry about it and just carry on as usual..she will come back to it..
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 9:00 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• SHe will be fine! Its not good to rush kids and make them learn things that they dion't need yet.SHe will learn IN school. Don't worry about it! Let her be a happy kid!
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:41 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Often children will make mistakes when put on the spot, ON PURPOSE! She hasnt forgotten, she just doesnt feel like doing it is all thats going on. This is normal. :)
    grammamamma

Answer by grammamamma at 11:22 PM on Oct. 24, 2010