what dog food

I have been using DOG CHOW. I'm starting to think maybe the cheaper bands may work too.

kileighsmommie

Asked by kileighsmommie at 8:16 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Pets

• Our dogs are on a raw diet that I make for them.For their morning meal they get a portion of raw chicken,sweet potato,green beans, and some apple.These foods have been ground up and put in quart bage and frozen.I make up about 10 pounds of food and it lasts them about aweek to 10 days.For their supper they each get a raw chicken neck --- yes including the bones.As long as the bones are raw they are ok for them to eat,just NO cooked bones.I buy the necks by the case ( 40 pounds) and divide them up and freeze them.the cheap dog foods have to much filler and grains that can cause allergies so you are better off to buy a high quality dog food or feed raw.The grains that are the worst are corn,wheat,and soy.As for the by products --- only the good Lord knows what is used -- road kill,euthanized pets etc.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 9:14 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• My dog has some kind of food allergy so now I'm buying him Blue Buffalo dog food, which of course is the most expensive but all natural.
    prettypaper

Answer by prettypaper at 10:04 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Don't feed your dog dog chow, ol roy, pedigree, Iams Eukanuba, Science Diet or any of that shit. You'd be better off feeding him the bag the food came in.

Go to www.dogfoodanalysis.com They have all kinds of food reviews for you to check out.

Don't break the bank to feed your dog, but do better by the dog and feed it something good for him.

To those feeding your dogs that shit...please, change them.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 12:52 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• U just gatta try to see what ur dog likes! he may like the cheaper stuff =) Nothing wrong with it =)
    Miss_Angela

Answer by Miss_Angela at 8:19 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• my dogs eat diamond the green bag its like 16 dollers for a 20 lb bag witch last them about 2 months cut they both only weigh about 5 lbs.
    liljess09

Answer by liljess09 at 8:26 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Blue Buffalo also has a recall on. You should check it out.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:18 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• The blue buffalo recall was on their wilderness chicken and salmon. I get the duck, my dogs love it
    prettypaper

Answer by prettypaper at 12:05 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I feed my dogs Olroy from Walmart. Yellow bag.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 8:19 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Kibbles N Bits is a good relatively inexpensive one.
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 8:20 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I rotate mine between different "flavors" of Blue Buffalo, Taste of the Wild, and Canidae. When they are finished with their current bag of BB Fish & Sweet Potato, I want to try out something from Wellness. If they like the Wellness and do well on it, I will add it to the rotation.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 3:02 PM on Oct. 26, 2010