flu shot

I'm really thinking about getting all my kiddies and teens the flu shot,but I'm worried about bad side effects. Are their any that I should be aware of,like allergic reactions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Health

• I don't have a problem. I was scared and never used to get it but started last year and have not had any trouble. My kids are old enough that I let them decide whether to get the shots and they decided to do so. They had no problems, just a little soreness in the arm afterwards.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 8:23 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• My kids, husband and I always get our shots and havent had any problems. If you are allegric to eggs you shouldnt get the flu shot but if not you should be ok. Just like with any medicine there can be side affects. I know some get a fever or just dont feel good afterwards. (but it passes)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 8:29 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Are your kids allergic to eggs? If so, then it's not recommended. Otherwise, there aren't really any reasons to not get it. It is HIGHLY recommended that you and the kids get it.
    This year's also includes the H1N1 vaccine.
    If you want to get the facts, here are some great resources:
    http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd-vac/flu/default.htm
    http://www.who.int/topics/vaccines/en/
    These are reliable resources where you can get straight answers. I hope this helps!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:33 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• We never get a flu shot and have yet to have any problems. I worry about unknown side effects from unnecessary medicines.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:49 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• In 20 years of getting flu shots, I have NEVER had any side affects and know no one who has either. You can NOT get the flu from the flu shot as it is a dead version but you can get the flu from the FluMist. The only thing I know is that if you are allergic to eggs you may not be able to get the flu shot.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:13 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I don't believe in them. Everyone I know who has had one regrets it & gets more sick. Thats all I really know.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 10:05 PM on Oct. 24, 2010