Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

I need help ASAP

I am in a very abusive relationship, with my 13 year old son taking the brunt. I am working with the domestic violence center and housing authorities to leave this situation, but I haven't been allowed to work, so i have no money for down payments on electric,etc. I plan on working as soon as i get custody of my daughter. I have a 4 yo daughter that i have to get custody of to leave this relationship. I am in desperate need of any ideas that any of you have of how i can make some money quickly and on the quiet(everything has to be done quietly or my daughters dad is going to take my daughter and go to canada)


Answer Question

Asked by me221 at 8:38 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Relationships

Level 2 (3 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • Red Cross sometimes help with utilities deposits

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:40 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

  • Find a battered women's shelter where you and your kids can stay until you get a job to support your family.

    Answer by scout_mom at 8:40 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

  • Be sure that the abuse is documented and reported. Pictures etc.

    Answer by tootoobusy at 8:46 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

  • Hugs! Are there any churches in your area that could help you? Other ideas of places to contact-- United Way - they fund a lot of different agencies and they may be able to direct you to one that could help, Red Cross, Salvation Army, Catholic Charities, Lutheran Social Services, or womens shelters or YWCA. I hope and pray you are able to pack up the kids and get out safely-- and soon!!

    Answer by MizLee at 8:47 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

  • get together all the kids and your things that you dont need anymore and take them to a consignment shop (just tell him you're taking it to goodwill) should have atleast some money within a couple weeks. the shop here puts your stuff out about a week after you drop it off and you get half of what it sells can pick up the money from what is sold so far at anytime.

    Answer by LoriaAnn at 9:19 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

  • if you do not do something and the cops get wind of you letting your son get abused, he WILL be taken from you. Go to a woman's shelter. And do NOT get custody of other children while you are trying to escape an abusive situation.

    Answer by MommySwiggles at 9:35 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

  • Does the son have a father? I was in the same type situation, with my son taking all of the abuse, and I sent him to another state to live with his father, where he would be safe, as soon as I found out about it. I then spent the next year getting myself on my feet and finding a place to live with my kids where he couldn't get to me. I agree that this is NOT the time to worry about getting your daughter back. You need to remove yourself, get to a shelter, send your son to live with your family or his dad, and get a restraining order on the S.O.B, then call the first time he breaks it, get him thrown in jail, and leave the area while he is locked up. Our state welfare office has special guidelines for women in your position, your caseworker will work with you and help you get set up. I live in Oregon, I don't know where you are from.

    Answer by MamaAlice54 at 1:41 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.