My babysitter was actually my fiancees aunt .....

went to pick up my son(10 mths old) and she told me he ate a stale doughnut and some chicken fries ARE YOU SERIOUS>?!?!? I was on fire but i didnt scream at her or anything.....I never let her watch my son again i quit my job...my son is more important than anything....What would've been your reaction?

Nikelegacy

Asked by Nikelegacy at 7:25 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• As long as he didn't choke and was supervised I don't get what you're in such a twist about. Is that all she fed him? He's 10 months. Mine were all gumming chicken pieces and bread and such at that age.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:29 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• yeah i agree with grneyedgrandma, im sure at some point in time you will not notice he stuck something in his mouth either.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 7:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I think you overreacted a bit. I definitely wouldn't have just quit my job over it. I'm assuming you're financially in a position to do so? As GrnEyed said, mine were nibbling on that kind of stuff, not all the time, but occasionally. No, it may not be super healthy, but it won't hurt him either. I would have simply explained that I didn't want my son eating that kind of stuff, and if she couldn't respect my wishes, take my son elsewhere for his care. My kids are more important to me than anything, just as you say, but you also have to figure out which battles are worth getting really really upset over and which ones aren't that big a deal in the scheme of things.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:42 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• WOW! Ok so calm down! Thats a little too dramatic. What you should have done is say something but be nice about it...

I didnt want my daughter to drink Juice until she was one and people would give that to her all the time. I just said please dont blah blah blah and that was fine..
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 7:46 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• He didn't eat poison or anything. I wouldn't be so upset, quite honestly. It's no big deal. He didn't choke and he's just fine. Take a deep breath.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 7:53 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• all of my kids were off of baby food and on straight table food at that age, even if they didn't have that many teeth. I think that you over reacted.
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 8:07 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• um no i agree with u, 1st i hate when people just do what ever they wha with ur kid ur their parent if u want the baby to not eat that stuff that ur baby!! its ur decision and thats not exaclty normal "table foo" it would be diff if i was healthy, like mashed potatos or grilled chicken, i woulve been up set too tho i would have def said something i would make it clear what id like for my baby to eat or i this case to NOT eat
    IMmakinpeople

Answer by IMmakinpeople at 8:27 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Stale doughnut no but BK chicken fries yes I like them for my son and thats is favorite thing to eat when we have fast food. If it wasnt inpartive that you quit your job you should have given her instrutions on what the baby can eat.
    SmoothMommy

Answer by SmoothMommy at 8:57 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• i would have told her that i didnt think it was an appropriate diet and give her a list of things he could eat and that it would realy be great if she would stick to it
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 9:35 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I don't understand why people think it is ok to give my child whatever they want to give him to eat. Not to mention something so unhealthy, a stale doughnut, you have got to be kidding. I would be mad. What if the doughnut is covered in chocolat, or nuts and he has an allergy to one of those? I may not have quit my job, but I would be mad!
    Med109

Answer by Med109 at 11:01 PM on Oct. 29, 2008