Is it normal to be bored in the bedroom after 10 years? adult content

After 10 years of marriage, romance is gone and there is not activity in the bedroom!
I gave up because even if I initiated , it was quick and boring. Any advice? Is it supposed to be like this, or is our relationship in need of a makeover?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• Have you tried meeting with a sex therapist? They can give you some great ideas, and help get the spark going again. I think a certain amount of that is normal. Have you tried toys? Games? Change it up as much as you can. Other rooms of the house, lingerie, costumes, role playing, anything to make it new and exciting. (Just no threesomes! LOL) Have you tried playing with yourself and inviting him to join you? Try sending him a dirty MMS with you playing with yourself with a naughty invite.
    Good luck, mama, and happy humping!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:59 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• its normal, but it doesnt have to be that way...you've got to change things up and get out of your routine...go out to a bar seperately, flirt around with strangers, then get hubby to "pick you up" and take you to a motel for a one night stand...or go out of town for a weekend together and do something silly like go to an amusement park (no kids), try skiing or snowboarding for the first time, or pitch a tent and camp in the woods. you need to regularly do things like this to keep things fresh in the relationship and in the bedroom...im also not against threesomes if they're done correctly. you pick the girl, youmre the center of attention, etc. of course thats ONLY if you're interested in women yourself!...just try to think out of the box and do new things together, the bedroom will work itself out.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 9:11 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I've been married almost 19 years and the bedroom has never been boring. Although with schedules and tiredness it's not near as often as it used to be or as we'd like, it's always good. I think you have to be a participant in keeping things interesting. You have to make suggestions, and maybe switch it up yourself. If it's over too quickly then maybe initiate again later. If you aren't doing it often, that would account for the quickness (in most situations). Just remember when it was fun and exciting, and try to get back to that.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:01 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I'll be 25 next month hubby is 28. Be together 10 years November 9, and married 9 on December 15. We have 5 children ranging from 9 in January and 3 in December. We still have sex 3-4 times a week. I am not sure its because we are still young or its just us. I think that yes after 10 years it can still be great in the bedroom. I am not bored by far. I am open about different positions, oral sex, sexy nighties, toys, and so forth. Keeps it interesting and different. Try something new. New nightie, nice dinner before hand kids all in bed, maybe ask if he has a fantasy to try out or a position he may want to try. GL!
    momofangels5

Answer by momofangels5 at 10:13 AM on Oct. 25, 2010