preterm labor?

2 wks ago I went into L&D for sharp lower abdomen pains, I figured it was growing pains but my doc said they were contractions. I am 29 wks right now. Today around 3 I started getting sharp pains in my chest like in my left boob area?? I dont want to call the doc cause she has a tendency to send me to the hosp for everything and I have 2 slleeping children .. Any idea what could be going on? Im still having the contractions but they are more than 20 min apart and not as sharp as they have been these last few weeks. Anyone have any at home remedies to try before rushing to the hosp?

Mrs_Chris_Pukt

Asked by Mrs_Chris_Pukt at 8:46 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• well since you dont want to call ur doctor just call the labor and delivery and talk to the nurse on duty. she can help you too. did it plenty of times while i was pg with my last one
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 8:48 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I used to get those. I have no idea what they were but nothing ever became of them. Honestly if they stop after drinking water, laying down, and don't continue. I wouldn't worry too much. It's not uncommon to have contractions towards the last trimester. It doesn't mean they are dialating you.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:48 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• it cud just be a pluracy bubble :)
    mama2jaybub

Answer by mama2jaybub at 8:49 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• i had a baby at 32 weeks because i did not realize that i was having contractions. i have to admit that emotional stress is what brought my lo early.
    are you staying hydrated? what are you doing to relax? are you eating well?
    29 weeks is too early to have a baby.
    i have no idea what is going on in your chest : (
    you need to take very good care of yourself. having a baby in the nicu is soooo hard, especially if you have other children.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:34 PM on Oct. 24, 2010