What is a good leave in conditioner?

Something that smells good, doesn't weigh down my hair and isn't too expensive.

Bethsunshine

Asked by Bethsunshine at 7:29 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• pantene pro-v

is not oil based so it wont grease your hair out and it wont weigh your hair down at all. I only use leave-in , not wash out conditioner because we have soft water here and it is hard to rinse all of it out.

my hair also gets greasy very fast so the pantene pro-v help that out a lot!
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 7:36 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I like Infusium-23 it works really well, and they have it in a pump, so you can spray it in too.
    Gretchen0122

Answer by Gretchen0122 at 9:58 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I think they are all the same. Biggest change for me is to use a shower wide tooth comb in the shower and comb your conditioner in your hair. I have long wavy hair and it's amazing the difference. (Plus all of the old hair that comes out)
    Sonia99

Answer by Sonia99 at 12:39 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Nexus Headdress. A leave in needs both an oil, and a protein. The protein is for strength, the oil is for shine and softness. One without the other doesn't do the job. Nioxin also has a leave in that has both oil and protein. (Keratin) Both are about 20$ but the bottle will last you 6mo-a year.

I also use a spray oil(matrix) sunflower seed oil is great, it's light, gives shine and doesn't leave a film. I also alternate with brilliant brunettes avocado leave in in place of the oil. Chi has a leave in moisturizer that's nice as well. I get the sample size for about 2$ and it lasts about a month. It's a shine treatment rather than a conditioner though. You get what you pay for. Wax and fillers aren't going to help your hairs condition, only the appearance. To get something that helps build strength you have to spend a couple bucks. It's my one splurge, so I figure it's worth it.
    Kestrel1

Answer by Kestrel1 at 2:39 PM on Nov. 2, 2008