What are my chances...? adult content

Ok, so I really don't want to be pregnant right now, but I have a question.
My baby is 19 months old and still nurses at nap and bed time. I am on a birth control that will eventually dry up my supply. I just started this pill on Monday so it has not been a "full" week for the pills to be completely effective. DH and I had sex today and in the heat of the moment, he did not wear a condom. I have not had a period since before I got pregnant with my youngest, so I can't really go by that, plus I have no way to tell if I have ovulated.
What do you think my chances are of getting pregnant?

ETA... i also forgot to mention that I forgot to take my pill last night (I usually take it at 6 every night) but I remembered and took it around 7 this morning.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Having unprotected sex and just starting a pill, high.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 9:02 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Numbers I do not have but is it possible yes but I would say the chances are on the slimmer side.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:03 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• It's probably a 50-50 chance right now to be honest with you. Within the next few weeks take a pregnancy test if you haven't got your period by then.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 9:03 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• You could have gotten pregnant. If you don't want to get pregnant, use a backup method until you have a month on the new pill.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:05 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• It is possible to become pregnant even on the pill, but how have you not had a period since you were pregnant with your youngest if your youngest in 19 months old?
    If you're not haven't a period (normally) you can't get pregnant because your body isn't producing what it needs to to create a baby.
    Breastfeeding doesn't keep you from getting pregnant, that's an old wives tail. Several of my friends have become pregnant 6 months after having their babies because they believed that.
    But if you're not having a period, i don't think there is much chance you're going to get pregnant.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 9:18 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• No telling. Since you haven't had a period yet, I'd say the chance is probably pretty low, but it's always possible. Take a test in 2-3 weeks just to see.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:24 PM on Oct. 24, 2010