I am trying to create a schedule for my 5 month old son to follow a schedule during the daytime when we are home does anyone have any suggestions. i know its hard for an infant to follow a schedule but i am trying to get him for on base with things. what kind of activites would be good for him?

survivormama10

Asked by survivormama10 at 8:59 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had a schedule for all 5 of mine since basically birth. They ate around the same times, napped at the same times, etc. I have a 3 month old and a 2 year old at home right now (my older 3 are in school) so we go to library time once/week, go the playground, take a walk every day, she (my 3 month old) spends some time in her bouncy seat, some time in her swing, we read books, have tummy time, etc. She eats every 3 hours and was taking 4 naps, I'm gradually moving that to 3 and she sleeps 9-10 hours at night.

Answer by missanc at 9:11 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• He's 5 MONTHS for crying out loud. At this point you should be following his schedule.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 9:02 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• no schedule is needed at this point. i would see what his schedule is and follow that. if you mean a routine then start the night routine. its the easiest to follow. but really most infants really don't have a schedle. life is so unpredicatable with them. just enjoy him.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:04 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I'm with these guys. A schedule is more difficult at this point than just going with the flow.
    We tried several times to have a schedule with our son, and he's resisted it like crazy. Just go with it. He'll be flexible later on, which will be GOOD.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:07 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• My son (22 mo) is in speech therapy so when he started it, I watched to see what kinds of things they do with him and then I have tried to replicate it. For ex, I have a small storage box with toys that we only do at "class time." They incl a book (The alphabet book by Dr. Seuss), a wooden puzzle, nesting cups, a see-n-say for animal noises, crayons to learn colors and one of those shape things that you put the circle in the circle hole, and play-doh). Anyway, I have my 5 mo old DD in her bouncy seat on the table while I work with my son and when I hold up "square" I show her and say to both, "Orange square." I try to make my voice really animated and silly to keep their attention. She gets a kick out of it and watching her brother. We start with the book and working on words while DS eats lunch and then the other activities after and then go outside for 1/2 hour and then nap! Hope this helps! :)
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 9:14 PM on Oct. 24, 2010