Bath time troubles

I recently moved my 8 month old from giving her a bath in the infant bath to giving her one just in the tub. Well, she hates it!!! She tries to stand up in there and cling to me. She cannot stay in the infant bath anymore because she pulls up and slips. What can I do to make her like the bath more? I bought a book, and drums and a dolphin toy for her to play with, but she wants nothing to do with them, she is still scared. Any advice for me?

isra1986

Asked by isra1986 at 7:29 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• when i moved cora from the infant bath to the regluar bath she was young... so i would go in with her, but not baths, me or ahmed would shower while holding her, thats how she got used to being in there. when she is old enough to stand up alone really well, she will want to get down and stand or sit on her own in the bathtub..or so i think. cause every baby is different. try showering with her first, see how that works.. then maybe you can get the crayons for your bathtub walls, or those letters and numbers that stick the tub when wet.. of all the crazy bath toys cora has, her favorite ones are the letters lol good luck, she will get used to it!! <3
    Familyof3

Answer by Familyof3 at 2:37 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Get in with her. She is afraid. It is a big cold scary white echo-y place. STalk to her calmly. Show her Mommy isn't scared. You might also try putting the baby bath inside the big bath and gradulally work from there.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:32 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• The baby bath used to be in there.
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 7:36 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Hmmm....Yeah, I'd get in with her. I take baths with my son all the time. It's actually easier than just giving him one. Would she feel more secure in some sort of bath seat?? I bought one online at Walmart that's great!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 7:43 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• grr..I hate my own typoes..talk to her don't stalk her..lol. Anyway. So the baby bath was in the big tub. Did you try leaving the baby bath in there and trying to get her to sit next to it? That or as I said before get in with her the first time or two. My friend had to do that..and then she sat on the edge of the tub with her feet in...then with feet out..until finally the child was in the tub alone.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:44 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• take a bath with her
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 9:28 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• they have seats that are special for babies. I think she is afraid that she moved from a smaller safe space to a larger one, she feels out of control and insecure. may be if you seat her in that seat she will feel more restraint, and so more security. just a thought. I don't like the idea of taking a bath with the child. though I wouldn't mind rolling up my pants and stand in that tub with her, but I don't want the child to get busy exploring MY body. !!!LOL. she has enough to worry about LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

proud2bmom3

Answer by proud2bmom3 at 9:46 PM on Oct. 29, 2008