Whinny Three your old!

My son is three years old, and he has been so whinny. I hope this is just a phase.

colepip2

Asked by colepip2 at 9:03 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Yep. Be grateful for it. Everyone complains about the "terrible two's" and whiny three year olds....well they obviously have never had a defiant four year old.....enjoy him before he turns into a MONSTER! LOL!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 9:10 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• It's just a phase. I'm a daycare teacher and that is one classroom I could NEVER work in!
    AllNaturalMum

Answer by AllNaturalMum at 9:13 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Whinny - you stop him from speaking. Tell him to take a deep breath and then to talk in a regular voice. State that you will not listen to whining and if he, after taking a deep breath, proceeds to whine - turn away from him and start walking away (at home of course).

Otherwise, you'll end up with whiny adults. This is not just a phase and it isn't something you have to put up with.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:24 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• me 2 he just turned 3 three months ago. I dont acknowledge him when he does it. It seems to work with my older 2 lol
    My_o_me_x_3

Answer by My_o_me_x_3 at 10:48 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Whinny? That's what a horse does. Ask him if he's a horse.
    Anonymous

• Me too!! LOL
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 10:49 AM on Oct. 25, 2010