Sick Kids

How often do your kids get sick? I Know school is a big factor.

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 9:33 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• My dd gets sick every couple of months or so. Usually with a small cold, but once in a while something upsets her tummy. When I did some research on how often kids get sick, I saw several things that said a child gets sick about 8 times a year. So far with dd that has proven pretty accurate. She is only 15 months and we don't go anywhere hardly ever.
    Lizzys_mommy13

Answer by Lizzys_mommy13 at 9:36 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• my oldest is the only one in school and i sah with my younger two. she brings something home once or twice a month, but she's been a sickling since birth. it seems to be getting better, more easily treatable, and less frequent as she ages. however she promptly passes it down to my middle child who has been sick twice this month. she was never, ever sick in her first year of life, like the picture of health. the suddenly she hit 1 and is sick as much as my oldest is, and it seems to hit her harder. and my youngest was born sneezing and had a horrible cough twice in her 9 months of life, but she seems to somehow avoid the illnesses my other two get. she hasn't been sick much at all.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:36 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• my Dr. said that kids usually get 7 colds per year? I took my two to a preschool program twice in one week and they both are really sick now. I have mixed feeling on it. I had a brutal night with them and feel so bad for them it happened so fast.
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 9:39 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I am very lucky when it comes to my kids and illness. I think the fact that they were breastfed may have something to do with it. I have friends and family who did not breastfeed and their kids are sick alot.
    Lildukeswife

Answer by Lildukeswife at 10:06 PM on Oct. 24, 2010