Do you have any helpful hints to doing an iron transfer on a t-shirt for a beginner?

I've never used iron transfer paper before but want to make my daughter a t-shirt. Is it hard? Does the paper come with instructions? Do I have to set my printer on any special setting? Do you have any helpful hints for a beginner?

momoflilangel

Asked by momoflilangel at 9:37 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Most of the papers do come with instructions and you want to follow them carefully. The biggest problem I have ever had is not holding the iron on there long enough (I get impatient). Wherever you buy the paper ask a lot of questions. JoAnns Fabrics is great for helping their customers.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:23 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I've tried 2 different brands of iron-on transfers. Both worked well, but you really need to follow the instructions completely. If it requires that you pre-wash (without fabric softener) you really need to do that.

If you set up everything you need before you start, and have a good ironing surface that you can apply solid pressure to, it's pretty simple.

Good Luck! :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 12:02 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• It's pretty simple; the directions are also there if you have any questions.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:14 AM on Oct. 26, 2010