Have you ever done a colon cleanse?

If so did it work? The ladies I work with are talking about doing it for weight loss. I am a nervous wreck because I have heard of bad side effects. What's your opinions?

Momto2beauties

Asked by Momto2beauties at 9:37 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• You should do a colon cleanse to rid yourself of all that goopy build-up. I recommend psyllium seed husk powder in juice to slowly remove the build up. You will notice tarry stuff in your stools. You will also notice your belly getting smaller it takes a few weeks but is worth it.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 11:48 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Right! The only time was when I had a colonoscopy and I would not wish that on anyone. It is HELL!
    It is NOT NECESSARY to do a "colon cleanse". It is a big gimmick, designed to make money for the people who came up with that bad idea. You will only lose weight for a day or two and then it will all come back again when you eat and drink anything.It could damage your intestines and make your electrolytes become unbalanced which causes heart damage too. DON'T do IT!!!
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 9:42 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Just to clean out before a colonoscopy. Worst day ever! Shitting and vomiting my guts out! Really bad!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:38 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Ouch, doesn't sound like something I still want to do.
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 9:52 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I was going to say the only times I have done one was before a colonoscopy. That was enough to make me never want to do it for the sake of weight loss. It can mess up your kidneys.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:40 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• It didn't help me lose weight necessarily. I was weight lifting at the time,it did get rid of a bunch of nasty stuff that was in my body.
    ladygetz

Answer by ladygetz at 8:59 PM on Oct. 25, 2010