Is it ok to use one the warps(slings) even though?

My son is 16 months old, and doesnt like to ride in the buggy when we go out. I cant let him run around when it is just the two of us but its getting harder to keep him in the buggy sometimes I have to carry him and push or i have to put him in the big part of the buggy then I get looks from everyone else.

Does anyone know if it is ok to use them at that age? And how they hard to use and learn I never used a sling with before never. So any help would be wonderful.

donamunns

Asked by donamunns at 9:38 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Who cares who looks are you if you put him in the big part as long as he is sitting and safe. I have 3 toddlers and one has to go in the big part, one in the front part and one holding on.

Anyways as far as holding him in the sling I think that it would be fine but I would imagine a pretty big back ache would ensue. And if you have never used them before then he might not like it all that much. And I am all for making them sit in the car whether they want to or not.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:43 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I use a wrap with my 22 month old when she is sleeping. As soon as she wakes up though she has a fit. She doesn't like it at all. I sometimes carry my 4 yo on my back with it. It's easier for me on the back. If I carry dd2 in it too long- my back, neck and shoulders really start to hurt.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 10:05 PM on Oct. 24, 2010