please answer!!

So tmrw I am to go get my flu shot but im very concerend about the h1n1 strand. Can anyone shed some light on this situation?? Is it safe for my baby and me?? I've been trying to research and i've found woman claiming that they were having still births. My ob is pushing for it but im really scared.

randibosin

Asked by randibosin at 9:42 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm pregnant and I will not get the H1N1 vaccine even if I'm not pregnant. Tell your ob that you don't want the vaccine and he can't make you do something you don't want to do. I done told my ob that I'm not getting any flu shots this year and he understood my decision.

ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 9:46 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• the flu shot and h1n1 are two different shots. i got the h1n1 while i was pg and was fine
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 9:43 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• They are not different shots this year. Its all in one.
    randibosin

Comment by randibosin (original poster) at 9:45 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I'd skip it unless you're high risk

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:45 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• My doctor told me to get one when I was pregnant last. I didn't. They cant "make" you. Just say no if you don't want it.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 9:58 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• The current flu shot out does have the h1N1 vax in it. I personal do not get the shots, pregnant or not. I have more issues and get sicker when i get them, than when I dont. In all three of my pregnancies, I've never gotten a flu shot and never got sick.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 10:05 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I do know someone who had complications with the H1N1 shot last year during the scare. It put her in the hospital but her baby is okay.

Flu shots are not tested in pregnant women. Thimerosal in flu shots is unregulated. I wouldn't get it.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:14 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Omg. What happened to her?
    randibosin

Comment by randibosin (original poster) at 10:43 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• If you are unsure about getting it, do NOT let anyone push you into it. You do not have to get something if you're not comfortable with it, your ob cannot force you to get it! Stand your ground til you can make a decision for yourself!
    Anonymous