Looking at and possibly renting a new apt anything i should ask or look for?

Basically the title says it all im going with hubby to see our possibly new potential home for a while and were both young and never done this before and im wondering if there are any things i should ask the owner ? or things in the apt i should look for?

firstimemommy21

Asked by firstimemommy21 at 9:42 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Make sure you read your lease carefully and that it agrees with everything you and your potential landlord agreed on in person.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 9:53 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Cracks in walls or ceiling, mold, what's is included in the rent like water, lights, trash, yard work, heat/ac, plowing (depending where you live). Ask about the neighbors like do they party. Also don't be afraid to ask the owner anything. I am a landlord myself and I want the tenants to ask me these kinds of questions.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 10:01 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Here are a couple good websites for some tips. 1 and 2

GL

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:33 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Ask if water is included, if something breaks down, will they fix it (I once had a landlord that made us pay the bill it they found nothing wrong), make sure the rent amount that you were told is right and renter's insurance (some landlord's require you to have that.).
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:31 AM on Oct. 25, 2010