This is for the single Moms out there

My husband & I had the most horrible night last night as both our kids were really sick together for the 1st time. We both had one kid & were dealing with them all night, no sleep, emotionally drained today and feel for our babies. I commend you single Moms who have to do this on your own & keep strong when the little ones are sick & how hard it must be for you.

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 9:44 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• i am a single mom and there has been times where i wondered what it would be like to have a husband to help or someone else. i have my prents but i dont live with them. and they do help but i have had her when she vomitted a couple of times and its hard to keep calm and clean the soiled sheets and have her in her pack and play while i try to do loundry and clean her up . its tiring but worth it. i wouldn't trade it for the world. she is only 19months so i haven't had too many sick days but i have had a preview.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 12:01 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• im a single mom to a 14 week old...i am terrified for that night!! i know it will come...i know there will be more of them...so for now im just thankful for everyday she is healthy and happy...and at least i only have one...i cant imagine more!
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 9:48 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I have been doing it for 14 years and you learn to function on a few hours of sleep a night. It's hard but well worth the love you get from your child.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:51 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I was a single mother for 10 years, to the point that the father did not want to be in the picture. I am now married with three kids and I have to say believe it or not...it was easier being the single mother in a lot of ways. When my son got sick and I had to be up all hours and change soiled sheets numerous times etc... sure it was rough because of the lack of sleep the next day and I also had to be the provider and go to work tired. But I knew I had to do it. I knew I was the only one. Having a husband it made different because I expected to get help now. It changed the way I looked at sick nights! Hard to explain.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 11:07 PM on Oct. 24, 2010