Raleigh or Durham

I recently relocated to Asheville NC and although the city is pretty, I'm not happy here because the jobs are scarce and there isn't much for kids to do. I was originally thinking about Raleigh or Durham, and now I wish I would've went to one of these cities instead. I'm looking for info from people who live in one of the cities, and I am asking for complete honesty, please.

Are the jobs plentiful, or are they scarce? Are the public schools and colleges good? Which neighborhoods are the safest, and which ones should be avoided? Lastly, are the cities congested with too much traffic? I would really appreciate the advice, and thank you.

browneyes27

Asked by browneyes27 at 9:45 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Home & Garden

• There isn't much difference - Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill all run into each other. All are congested with lots of traffic. They are all expensive to live in and jobs are not plentiful.
    Anonymous

• Have you thought about Greensboro or Charlotte?
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:27 AM on Oct. 25, 2010