How do you get blood stains out?

Having a hard time getting blood out of my jeans. Help Please

colepip2

Asked by colepip2 at 9:47 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• peroxide-keep applying and dabbing until its gone,then launder in cold

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:48 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Yep I would say peroxide as well.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:49 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Tide stain release....and I would suggest just throwing your jeans out after slaughtering cattle! lol
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:49 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I soak them with resolve or shout on them for an hour then soak them in water with some detergent for another hour or two. Then I wash them.
    If they have already been through the dryer, the stain is most likely going to be permanent though. I am sure there is some way to get it out after going through the dryer, but I don't know what that is.
    Lizzys_mommy13

Answer by Lizzys_mommy13 at 9:50 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• i agree peroxide always works!!!
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 9:54 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Hydrogen peroxide is best for getting blood out, but you need to apply it while the stain is fresh, if possible. If not, then getting cold water on it will help, but once it's been through the dryer, it's set. Heat sets stains. Good luck!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 10:10 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• proven fact that if it your blood the best thing to use to remove it is your own spit...weird I know, but never know when that may come in handy! But Hydrogen peroxide is what I would recommend!
    willkanmom

Answer by willkanmom at 10:28 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Won't peroxide bleach your clothes? I spilled it on a tshirt once, and it left a big spot.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:23 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Have you thought of Oxi-Clean? I once read to use meat tenderizer. I never tried that though.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:25 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Oxy-Clean is really good at lifting blood stains. Once my son as a toddler got a nosebleed and bled all over our carpet, and oxy-clean took it right out with no stain!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:06 AM on Oct. 25, 2010