What can I do with steak besides swiss, fried or mongolian?

My family is very picky and has requested something new. My Hubby asked me to barbeque it, but we don't even own a barbeque... I asked if he'd like me to try something in the oven, but he said no to that.

tryin2BGOOD

Asked by tryin2BGOOD at 9:51 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Food & Drink

• You can get a really small grill for about $20 if you find it on sale, a travel or camping grill. It's worth it. Grilled steak is the best, and you can use it to make grilled steak salads too which are awesome, grilled steak sandwiches are really good too. To do that you just grill the steak til its as done as you like (season first with montreal steak seasoning), slice it thin, lay some slices of a baguette on the grill and top with a slice of cheese (provolone is great). Then top with the steak, sliced tomato, onion, lettuce, and whatever condiments you like. Yummy.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:21 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Will they eat green pepper steak? Slice the steak up, marinate it over night in soysauce or ginger sauce. Cook it in a skillet with sliced green peppers and onions. Mix the leftover marinate with cornstarch and use if to thicken the juice in the skillet. Serve with rice and a salad.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 9:56 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• We don't have good steak all that often, and we always grill it some way. You can get one of those cheap ones made to set up on a table or whatever. Might be a good investment if they're wanting something new. I think half my meat is cooked on the grill, lol.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 10:41 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Cook it how you want, not all the way done. Slice it into thin strips. In the meantime, chop some potatoes and start cooking them - you can microwave them to soften or you can fry them from the start - either way, get them cooked, add in the steak strips, beat some eggs with milk, salt, and pepper, and pour over the meat & potatoes, and scramble all together. Add cheese at the end if you want.

Or slice it up and make fajitas. I highly recommend finding an inexpensive grill, it's the best way to cook a steak IMO!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 10:50 PM on Oct. 24, 2010