Really nervous.

Tonight I am letting my DD sleep with a blanket for the 1st time over night. It is just too cold for her not to. She is 11 months old, well will be in a week. But I am still scared to death of SIDS. Someone ease my mind? I am like panicing here. Its sad really. The blanket is not too big, or too thick. But what if she puts it over her face? And if I go in to check on her she will wake up. And I cant keep checking her all night because I need to sleep...*sigh*

tiffers32788

Asked by tiffers32788 at 7:32 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son has slept with a blanket since he was a month old. He wouldn't sleep without his blankie, he still sleeps with it, and he's a very healthy 2 year old. I would get up and check on him and I never found the blanket on his face. I wouldn't worry about he sleeping with a blanket.
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 7:36 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• She will be just fine. I think by the now the chance of sids is extremely unlikely. If the cover prevents her from breathing she will wake up & push it off of her. Dont worry she'll be ok!
    Klomas1988

Answer by Klomas1988 at 7:38 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I dont think its a bad thing. my daughter always had blankets. It was so cold and we didnt want her to freez lol. Just Breath and take that step
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 7:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• It's okay hon. My son is a year old. He's been sleeping with a blanket for at least 6 months. One of his favorites is big and thick. Once he started rolling over and moving his head really well I didn't worry about it. If she pulls the blanket over her face, she'll be able to pull it off. My son pulls his blankets completely off when he gets too hot in them.

It's scary giving it to them the first time, but she's old enough now. As long as she doesn't have any trouble moving her head and rolling over and such she should be just fine. Get some sleep Mama. Hugs!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 7:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• She moves her head great. lol. She is actually starting to walk. But what if she is like me? I can only sleep with my blanket over my face. I can still breath though. So if she did put it over her face would it really hurt her?
    tiffers32788

Answer by tiffers32788 at 7:45 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• My 8 mo. sleeps on her stomach and moves alot around. I believe the most scary time is when she was smaller. She's past that age. I believe its more up to 4 months or so.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 7:49 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• My son still sleeps with me in my bed(hes a boobie baby). A couple of times I woke up in the middle of the night 2 find he had the blanket over his head, I got so scared. He was fine though.
    Klomas1988

Answer by Klomas1988 at 7:51 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• My daughter has slept with a blanket since day one. It'll be okay. :)
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 7:51 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• my son slept with a blanket since the day he was born and he was fine
    TattooedBeauty

Answer by TattooedBeauty at 7:56 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• She will be fine. Calm down, and don't worry so much. She will pull the blanket off if it covers her face.
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 8:11 PM on Oct. 29, 2008