so my DD's dad was going to come see her this weekend but he had been exposed to some sort of stomach bug that his cousin had .....

i told him if he goes into the house where that stomach bug is then dont come to my house and be around our child...i was very nice about it...told him i understood if he thought i was a bitch but she is 3 1/2 mos old and i have to protect her and myself...so he got angry of course and said he wouldnt be seeing her anymore until we go to court and he gets visitation and i HAVE to comply...was i being crazy? is it out of the question for me to want to stay away from the stomach bug thats going around?? her father is a douche bag but i swear that had nothing to do with it...i WANT him to come see her but i dont want any germs in my house if i can avoid it...

mamagee1218

Asked by mamagee1218 at 9:59 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't want him around her if he could expose her to a stomach virus either. At that age, the flu is dangerous.
    Lizzys_mommy13

Answer by Lizzys_mommy13 at 10:01 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• He's being immature. Probably because he had a fever when you had this conversation. Don't worry about it. You were right. And if he wants to have a tantrum about this in court, there is nothing to explain. You said, stomach bug = no visiting the fragile infant. Totally reasonable.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:05 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• While I understand your concern, you can't keep the baby from every germ forever. If you go outside then you can bring home any illness, if anyone in your home goes outside they can bring home anything. And when he gets court ordered visits, you can not stop him from having visits with the baby no matter who he has been around.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:12 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• matthews....i completely agree with everything you said...BUT ...IF i can protect her, even if its just this one time---you can bet your ass im going to! Its my job as a mother, and as her father, he should have been concerned about it too.
    mamagee1218

Comment by mamagee1218 (original poster) at 10:19 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• i would have done the same EXACT thing! you were right & keep doing that!
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:11 PM on Oct. 24, 2010