Can anyone give me advice as how to deal with a husband who wants me to quit nursing my youngest?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Tell him no. If nursing is important to you and your baby, then keep nursing. You grew the baby. You grew the breasts. Your choice. Not his.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:02 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Your breasts, your choice.
    When he nurses, he decides.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 10:19 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I agree. It is your choice. I nursed mine until 19 months. He is probably just jealous that the baby is getting you breasts and not him. Lol
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 10:19 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Do whats best for you and your child. Try to explain to him that this is a VERY important time in both of your lives. He should respect your decision. It's not his body. Good luck!
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 10:22 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I agree with everyone! Explain how important this is to you and your baby as well as your baby's health! Any reason why he wants you to stop?
    Sarahbeth7

Answer by Sarahbeth7 at 10:33 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I think he thinks that our son is to old but he is no even a year old yet. I love nursing my son. It is the best bonding experience that a mom and child can have. I feel that if I am ok with it and my son does not want to stop yet then why should I but he feels differently.
    Lildukeswife

Answer by Lildukeswife at 11:33 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Why does he want you to quit? Most health organizations suggest a MINIMUM of 2 years. Some good info at Breastfeeding Past Infancy: Fact Sheet

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:40 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I totally agree with dmdblleb it should be your choice... Its great bonding time for you and your baby so you do it for as long as you choose
    BabyKendall0806

Answer by BabyKendall0806 at 9:25 AM on Oct. 26, 2010