is she to old???

My baby will be 10 months old in a few weeks and I still bathe her in a baby tub...When did you move to the big tub? I still get so nervous around water ...Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Health

• If your 10 month old still fits in one I do not see the big deal :)

I put my daughter and son in the big bath tub when they could sit up by themselves, so around 6-7 months. With my daughter we used the sink in the kitchen, but I did use a baby bath for my son...plus I have big kids so there is no way they could fit in one by 10 months :)

If you are really nervous at Walmart or Target you can get these seats to put in the bath tub, my in-laws used that on my son...kept them still plus they get to splash around and have fun!
    ELC

Answer by ELC at 7:43 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I put my son in the big tub at 3 months with one of those little sponges on the bottom. I wouldn't worry so much, as long as you are there when she is in the bath then everything should be ok. But like the previous poster said you could always get one of those little seats. My son loved being able to crawl around the tub.
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 7:46 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I'd say when they are able to sit up by themselves.
    TattooedBeauty

Answer by TattooedBeauty at 7:50 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• They have this thing at walmart that you put your baby in that sits them up. I used it for my son and i loved it, i used it till he could completly sit up by himself
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 8:05 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I moved my kids when they could sit alone.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:13 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I'd suggest using the little tub as long as the baby fits well in it. It takes more warm water to use a big tub, and it also means you will be on your knees and have the task of cleaning the big tub. It doesn't hurt the baby to be in a small tub if you are able to get her all nice and clean.

Answer by Bmat at 8:21 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• There are no laws! LOL! Honey, you need to do what is best for you in your situation! Occasionally, I've been known to put a 3 year old in the kitchen sink, and that ain't so easy. hahaah.
    onlycathyo

Answer by onlycathyo at 8:48 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• WOW my 10 month olds could have never fit in a baby tub. All the water would have poured out. Course I had chubby babys. :0) I moved my kids when they were too big, *lol* and when they could sit up on there own. If your are scared about them falling, just put a towel down in the tub and put them on it. This is what I did with my little girl. My son just took showers with me. Also, they make these things that click onto the side of the tub now, or they suction... but they seem cool and safe. Good Luck! :0)
    Jabrw0ke

Answer by Jabrw0ke at 9:10 AM on Oct. 30, 2008