Does anyone else have a toddler who refuses to nap?

She goes to bed around 10 wakes up at 9 which is a good sleep time considering her dad is on swing shift. But she just doesnt nap every day just some days.

TeagansMommy619

Asked by TeagansMommy619 at 10:01 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My DD is 2 12 yrs old and she has her days that she doesn't nap. She goes to bed at 730 and she is asleep by 8-830 and she is up between 6-7pm. Keep at it everyday put her in there for atleast an hour and if she doesn't take a nap tell her she needs to lay down and rest her body and she also has to be quite. I tell my DD that everyday. You need to get yourself an hour of your time.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 10:08 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• My two year old son is the same. He stopped taking naps recently as well and has a similar sleep schedule. He'll pass out anywhere between 8:30 and 10 and wake up every morning between 8 and 9.
    prettypaper

Answer by prettypaper at 10:23 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• you are lucky for her sleep times.. my son went to bed at 9 and woke at 5am and stopped napping at 2 year old.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:47 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• My 4 year old has not napped since he was 2 years old. He goes to bed 8pm and wakes up at 7.30 am.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:48 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• My daughter turned two in April and she goes to bed no later than 9:30p and is awake by 9a. Just this week she stopped taking naps and she gets so fussy around 6p. I make her lay down and rest but that's all she does and I am wondering if that is enough rest for her. Maybe it is normal for them to stop taking naps at this age now.
    Mellisa_Gross

Answer by Mellisa_Gross at 12:41 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Thanks everyone you made me feel a little better. with the moms i have met here in town they made me feel like i was a bad mom some even telling me their kids sleep and eat at the same time everyday! We do different stuff everyday so we dont have a strict schedule to go by. Last night she went to bed at 9 woke up at 2 am and fell asleep abotu an hour later then woke up at 1030. It doesnt help that we are sick.
    TeagansMommy619

Comment by TeagansMommy619 (original poster) at 1:55 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My 3 year old wont nap while my 2 year old takes one every day. I usually put them to bed around 7:30-8. And every time I try and put her down for one she just jumps around in her room
    tashi02

Answer by tashi02 at 5:47 PM on Oct. 25, 2010