symptoms so soon?

I have read that it is possible to experience some pregnancy symptoms as soon as conception has occured. I wouldn't believe it, only I am experiencing some lower right sided back pain (pinched nerve) for the past 5 days and it isn't letting up, nausea (no vomitting) throughout the day, or just in the am or just at bedtime for the past week, and dizziness.
Do you think this could be symptoms so early or just wishful thinking? It is too early to test yet.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I think that sometimes we just want things so badly that we count everything towards the symptoms of being pregnant.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:03 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• It could be either or. My mom got morning sickness within a week of conceiving me. I didn't have any of that (thank goodness) but I did have the sciatic nerve pain starting around 6 months when I started getting big.
    There is a thing with your body though, that if you want to be pregnant you can trick your body into thinking you are and start having symptoms and everything. I would just wait a couple weeks and then take a test! Good luck!!!
    Lizzys_mommy13

Answer by Lizzys_mommy13 at 10:03 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I would say that it is more wishful thinking than anything personally.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 11:01 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• You're both probably right. I do have very strong nausea (which I haven't had since I was pregnant the first time back in the spring) and this pinched nerve in my back is so painful, not imagined but for whatever reason, I have these symptoms but they may not even be pregnancy-related.
    14 more days til test day. Time will tell. I've been disappointed for the past 3 months that we have been trying but I have never had such strong symptoms before either. The other symptoms were just PMS but I was hoping that they were pregnancy symptoms, which they weren't.
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 10:08 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Temp has continued to climb for the past 3 days.......
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 8:15 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I agree it can be either or. I have had the same symptoms and thought at first it might just be a urinary tract infection. We are trying to figure out if Im pregnant or not. Good luck on what you find out. Let me know. :)
    HopefulMommy80

Answer by HopefulMommy80 at 8:03 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I definitly believe you can......I did with both of mine!! With my son I knew within a week and with this one I knew the next day and started have symptoms within 2 days of conception and I mean extreme nausuea, killer lower back pain, headaches, cramping (uterous expanding) and sore boobies. So good luck and lots of baby dust!!!
    haydensmommy009

Answer by haydensmommy009 at 10:00 PM on Nov. 2, 2010