C section or Vaginal delivery?

Which do you perfer? and why? How was your recovery?

FITmama2B

Asked by FITmama2B at 10:01 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• had a vaginal with both my kids, that's what i wanted...the though of being cut scared me.. my recovery was fairly easy
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:03 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I've had three vaginal deliveries. One "natural" and 2 induced. I'd much prefer the vaginal delivery because my recovery was only a few days. With my first, I was sore for about a week. With the last two I was only sore for a day or two. My SIL had a C section and it took her almost 2 weeks to even get up and moving good.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 10:03 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• vaginal with all 3 children...second born had no epidural. didnt take affect till after she came out. that was horrible. but other than that all 3 were fine
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 10:03 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I would perfer vaginal delivery. It is so emotional after you finally push them out and the reward of pushing them out. I dont know Id feel cheated if I had ever had a c-section. Plus later down the line I got a tummy tuck and the pain from that was HORRIBLE. I couldnt imagine taking care of a newborn and dealing with that kind of pain!!!
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 10:04 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Vaginal with all 3 of mine
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:08 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• i had a c-section, my recovery was painful but i made it through.
    now that ive had a cesction,i think i would rather just stick with that.
    sometimes i think i may have missed out alittle bit on having a vaginal birth, but to be honest with you, the thought of having my vagina all stretched out and ripping and tearing kinda freaks me out and i would rather not so im fine with it.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:09 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I've had a uterine surgery before I became a mom. The recovery was AWFUL. I couldn't lift anything over 10 lbs for 2 weeks. I have no idea how you survive that with a baby.

I had a totally natural birth at home. It rocked. I was back up and going full force the next day. And really, it doesn't hurt much at all. But it will make you very hungry.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:10 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I had 3 vaginal natural childbirths. I don't think I would have liked to have had a c-section. If there were no other choice then I would have dealt with it... I chose to have all 3 natural. I didn't want any drugs. I wanted to be able to get up after, shower, and then nurse and room in with my Babies. I didn't want them sticking a bottle in their mouths in the nursery. So that's why I had them all natural.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:12 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I delivered via ceserean,I do not prefer either form I just want to have a healthy child safely.Though my csection was not the easiest birth and neither was my recovery
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 10:14 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I prefer the very safest route possible.
    Since I have no major complications, a natural delivery is best.

My recovery with my completely natural vaginal birth was MUCH Better than my induced labor vaginal birth recovery.
    The more natural the better!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:15 PM on Oct. 24, 2010