8 mo. baby sleeps 10-12 hrs at night and doesnt nap much in day, is that okay?

she is in good humor thru the day, sometimes gets cranky or tired and sleeps in car or briefly (occasionally a couple hours) but not much. is very alert and happy baby thank God. my son was a BIG napper (2-3 hrs a day all the way til preschool), so i am not used to this and dont remember. i also have a seven yr old son lol.

silverelf

Asked by silverelf at 10:09 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I say its ok my dd is 3 months fixin to be 4 month and shes sleeps well and nite bute doesnt nap much during the day. Funny you asked that I was wondering that about my baby girl but if yours is doing it to thwn Im assuming its ok
    lovemybaby72

Answer by lovemybaby72 at 2:23 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Its normal for some children. So long as she is sleeping well at night. My dd is 15 months and has just started objecting to nap time. :(
    Lizzys_mommy13

Answer by Lizzys_mommy13 at 10:12 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• That wouldnt have been nearly enough sleep for my son at that age. He slept about 10-12 hours a night and 3 hours during the day.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 10:16 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• One of my three kids was like that---12 hours at night and barely a half hour nap during the morning. But she was happy and healthy.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:25 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• THat doesn't seem like enough sleep, but it may be fine for her. My babies all tend to sleep around 15 hours a day...even my 4 year old if I made him nap lol
    begamom

Answer by begamom at 11:17 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I would say as long as they are happy during the day it should be enough I wuld worry about it unless they act like something is bothering them
    BabyKendall0806

Answer by BabyKendall0806 at 9:23 AM on Oct. 26, 2010