I need a "good" excuse... just to get through the day....

I am almost 7 weeks pregnant- I am having issues with a subchorionic bleed next to the placenta... I was told pelvic rest and NO picking up my kids and to take it easy... We have not told my husband's family yet.However- tomorrow I was supposed to take my 4 year old and 21 month old to my father-in-law's house (over an hour away) for the enitre day (and my 24 year old sister is coming with us- and she will be doing all the lifting etc) Anyway- we will be hanging out with my father-in law and his wife all day- until the rest of the fam comes over and my hubby joins us all for dinner- which is when we were going to tell them that we're expecting. So what do I tell my in-laws during the entire day when I will need to be sitting down more and letting my sister run after my kids? Also- they were talking about going to the pool (NOT something I want to do either- due to being newly pregnant with issues). What is a good excuse?

newmamanew2town

Asked by newmamanew2town at 10:17 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would just tell them you got hurt, and even though it doesn't bother you so much at the moment, the doctor told you to rest and no lifting because it will make matters worse. Then after you tell them about the pregnancy, explain what the situation is.
    Lizzys_mommy13

Answer by Lizzys_mommy13 at 10:19 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• What should I tell them that I hurt?
    newmamanew2town

Comment by newmamanew2town (original poster) at 10:20 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Tell them you pulled a muscle in your abdomen. No big deal, you just have to take it easy, sit and rest a lot, and not lift anything heavy. That way, if your hand wanders to your soon-to-be baby bump, nobody will think anything of it. congrats!!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 10:22 PM on Oct. 24, 2010