I need a GOOD health excuse....

I am almost 7 weeks pregnant- I am having issues with a subchorionic bleed next to the placenta... I was told pelvic rest and NO picking up my kids and to take it easy... We have not told my husband's family yet.However- tomorrow I was supposed to take my 4 year old and 21 month old to my father-in-law's house (over an hour away) for the enitre day (and my 24 year old sister is coming with us- and she will be doing all the lifting etc) Anyway- we will be hanging out with my father-in law and his wife all day- until the rest of the fam comes over and my hubby joins us all for dinner- which is when we were going to tell them that we're expecting. So what do I tell my in-laws during the entire day when I will need to be sitting down more and letting my sister run after my kids? Also- they were talking about going to the pool (NOT something I want to do either- due to being newly pregnant with issues). What is a good excuse?

newmamanew2town

Asked by newmamanew2town at 10:18 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Health

• bad menstrual cramps and heavy bleeding....that would really throw them off!
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 10:21 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• How about the truth
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:24 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I can't tell the truth until the evening when my husband comes over there-- otherwise it would spoil the suprise for my husband telling his dad!
    newmamanew2town

Comment by newmamanew2town (original poster) at 10:56 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Tell them you haven't been feeling well lately and you don't want to get in the pool. It wouldn't be a total lie, it would be a half-truth.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:10 AM on Oct. 25, 2010