TEEN MOM

Do you think this is a good show for teenagers to watch? Why/Why not?

I, personally, think it's a good show, or I should say, I thought it was a great show, me being a first time mother at age 18. But now that the seasons have gone by, the show, itself, has made it seem like it's "glamorous" to have a baby. They don't show the REAL stress, finances, etc about having kids,....I think it focuses on the relationships of the childs parent!

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 10:22 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Entertainment

• I agree, I think it's a train wreck. Esp that whole domestic violence bit with that one mom.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 10:23 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I think it started out as a good show...
    And now it has kind of glorified the fact that there are teen moms that can be on a "Cool" channel such as MTV.
    I think that makes it popular for all the wrong reasons.
    Serendipitydoo

Answer by Serendipitydoo at 10:25 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I agree! I love Maci, but I think she makes parenting look TOOOOO dag on easy! Let's face it....it can't be all that peachy lol. And Amber, let's not get started, I wanna beat that girl myself (excuse me!) But I think instead of them focusing on being a teen MOM, they are focusing on being a teen girlfriend.
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 10:27 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• They do show Farrah having financial issues. Maci does have it easy because it does look like her family has money and would give it to her if she asks, but I love her too. She is my fav. I dont see anything really glamorized on the show, i would hate to be any of them
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 10:30 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• You know, I was pretty effing disgusted when I saw a FACEBOOK app that picked which TEEN MOM are you. My friends 13yo had it on her page!!! I think it can give off the idea that it's okay to get preg at 15, I'll just go on a TV show!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:31 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• They show Farrah having financial issues, but really? She got scammed, and now she moved into her mother's rental house, which her rent is DIRT CHEAP! That IS NOT financial stress. I would kill to have Maci's life, ..well...the one that show's on tv, that is. But all-in-all, I love my children to death, and wouldn't trade my life for nothing in the world.

Musicmom - I def. agree! I love the show, and I can't stop watching, but if I wasn't a teen mother already, I would probably think it was "cool". I am disgusted at all these 15 years olds getting pregnant, or even HAVING SEX for that matter.
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 10:37 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Farrah? Poor Farrah? She makes everything about her. Her exes death. She didn't want anything to do with him when he was alive. Dirt cheap rent in a $400.000 home? HAIR EXTENSIONS? Awwweeee, poor Farrah. Treats her mom like crap, who's just trying to help her. And mom keeps letting her.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:43 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I was a teen mom, had no where to live, no man to help, and sure as hell didn't get hair extensions. Nor did I have a car to sell. And if she's stupid enough to accept a personal check for a car, that's her deal...ok I'm done. LOL
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:44 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• YESSSSS! Thank goodness someone else sees it too! Her "cry" face just bugs the living crap out of me lol. And she did want nothing to do with him when he was alive, but now that he's gone, it's so tragic. Granted, that if the father of her child, but make it about Sophia, NOT herself. Ugh!!!!!!!!!! I would dddiiiiiieeeeeee to have my rent 400$! ....if only wishes came true.
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 10:46 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I am EXTRA pissed they are doing another season of this crap. I watched it out of curiousity since I was a teen mom, but it shows nothing what it's like and I'm sick of it. "Another 9 girls and their stories." Uggh, I hate MTV
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 10:48 PM on Oct. 24, 2010